Standing Korea Investment Support Department Korea Desk Quang Ninh works with Kotra Hanoi and Korea Desk Vietrade
On October 20, 2021, the Permanent Korean Investment Support Department Korea Desk Quang Ninh (IPA Quang Ninh) held an online meeting with representatives of KOTRA Hanoi and Korea Desk VIETRADE on promotion and investment with Korean partners in Quang Ninh.
The working session
The meeting was attended by Mr. Choi Dong Chul - Head of Korea Desk VIETRADE, Mr. Kim Kyoung Don - Head of Investment Promotion Department of KOTRA Hanoi, on behalf of IPA Quang Ninh, Mr. Nguyen Doan Dinh Cuong, Deputy Head IPA committee and members of Korea Desk Quang Ninh.
At the meeting, the IPA representative updated the situation of socio-economic development and investment of Quang Ninh province in the 2016-2021 period with outstanding achievements to become the province with the most comparative advantage in the whole country in terms of investment attraction. In addition, Quang Ninh province also considers Korea as a strategic investment attraction, looking forward to KOTRA Hanoi and Korea Desk VIETRADE to share experiences and support Quang Ninh province in promoting investment for Korean businesses that have been investing in projects in Vietnam, which have the need to expand their investment as well as those in Korea who are in need of investment transformation. For 10 businesses that the Chairman of the People's Committee of Quang Ninh Province sent an invitation to invest in, IPA proposed KOTRA Hanoi, Korea Desk VIETRADE to connect online or face-to-face working sessions in investment promotion.
Mr. Choi Dong Chul - Head of Korea Desk VIETRADE highly appreciated the business investment environment, socio-economic development and infrastructure system of Quang Ninh in recent times. Mr. Choi expressed that he will introduce and connect Korean businesses and investors to explore investment opportunities in Quang Ninh, especially together with Quang Ninh to organize an Investment Promotion Conference with Korean partners in 2022 depending on the development of the Covid-19 epidemic. In the immediate future, in the first quarter of 2022, they will coordinate with the Korea Desk Quang Ninh to connect and invite about 20 large Korean enterprises to visit, survey, and learn about investment opportunities in Quang Ninh province.
The two sides agreed to closely coordinate and support each other in promoting the image of Quang Ninh province to Korean businesses, promoting investment in specific projects through contact, direct working or investment promotion events, conferences and seminars in the coming time.
- FDI disbursement in Vietnam hits record high
- 10 outstanding events of Vietnam's economy in 2023
- Improve efficiency from FTA agreements
- Budget revenue exceeded plan
- Economy 2023, forecast 2024: Vietnam's economy through the perspectives of international experts
- Experts emphasize the human factor when Vietnam develops the Digital Economy
- World Bank: 2023 is a "resilient" year for Vietnam's economy
- Approve the Planning for exploration, exploitation, processing and use of minerals as construction materials
- Enhance international integration capacity
- It is forecasted that international flight passengers will increase and domestic flights will decrease